[News] South African GNU/Linux Group is Expanding

Gauteng Linux users to expand activities

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 12 years after it first started, one of South Africa’s largest
| Linux user groups is regrouping to broaden and increase its advocacy
| activities. The Gauteng Linux Users Group (Glug) earlier this month elected a
| new committee and is already planning series of events over the coming months
| to promote both Glug and Linux and free software.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4537

Recent:

How to run a successful Linux User Group

,----[ Quote ]
| If there was one thing Linux Format magazine learned from the Readers' Round
| Table event it organised, it was that us Linux folk like to get out and have
| a good chat.
|
| Over the several hours we were all together, we covered dozens of subjects,
| and the conversation was lively and opinionated. And that was with only nine
| of us.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-run-a-successful-linux-user-group-527915

Open source big names helping attract new users

,----[ Quote ]
| Participation by big open source vendors is helping attract new interest in
| Linux user groups in Asia.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62040788,00.htm?scid=rss_z_nw

Related:

Lovable LUGgable: support your Linux user group

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s true: LUGs aren’t the same. Linux isn’t brand spanking new anymore.
| There’s no need for meetings which merely introduce the technology over and
| over. This doesn’t mean LUGs aren’t relevant, but merely they have evolved.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16039/1141/

Bahrain LUG Announced

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the first meeting of the Bahrain Linux User
| Group!
`----

http://mahmood.tv/2007/05/30/bahrain-lug-announced/

Linuxchix New Zealand set up