[News] Mozilla Bespin Launched

Mozilla asks developers to take Bespin for a spin

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has spun out Bespin for developers to run naked and free in an
| extensible web-based code editing paradise that promotes open relationships
| standards.
|
| The not-for-profit outfit said yesterday that the project, which has been
| under development for several months, would act as a collaborative working
| space for coders who use HTML5 features to fiddle with.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/13/mozilla_bespin/

What Mozilla's Bespin Bespeaks

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the most interesting developments in the open source world is the way
| that Mozilla has changed in recent years. What started out as a (slightly
| shambolic) attempt to hack a decent browser out of the wreckage of the
| Netscape Communicator code, has turned into arguably one of the two or three
| most important forces in free software today (you can draw up your own list).
|
| [...]
|
| You can see that Bespin is ticking all the Mozilla boxes, but what's also
| striking is that this is a Web-based project: Mozilla is entering the cloud.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1858&blogid=14

IDE in the cloud: Mozilla Labs' browser-based IDE prototype

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/02/ide-in-the-cloud-mozilla-labs-browser-based-ide-prototype.ars

Introducing Bespin

,----[ Quote ]
| As we strive to evolve the Open Web as a robust platform for application
| development, we believe in the potential for web-based code editors to
| increase developer productivity, enable compelling user experiences, and
| promote the use of open standards.
`----

http://labs.mozilla.com/2009/02/introducing-bespin/

Last year: