Re: A book author's LyX experience

After takin' a swig o' grog, Lusotec belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> For basic documentation, though, I like using Doxygen, even outside of
>> source code.  The minimalistic markup you need is adequate, and you can
>> add comments to your document.
>
> I like Doxygen to create *reference* documentation but only use it for
> source code. What have you used Doxygen for, outside of source code
> documentation?

\usage
   -# For the main page of all documentation.
   -# Documenting how to install the various libraries our projects need,
      under both Linux and Windows.
   -# Describing all the things needed to do to get Debian running on
      an embedded system, including all the packages need, kernel
      modifications, the building of addition drivers, unpacking and
      reassembling an initrd image.
   -# How to set up the various dev environments and build the code.
   -# Coding conventions and howtos on C++ language features.
   -# Documenting how to use Doxygen ;->

Although we have official Word documents, they're hard to get at and harder
to navigate; it's easier to write up a fast document and check it into the
sourc-code archive.

If I thought we had enough time, and would get enough response, I'd try to
push for a private wiki, too.

--
One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli