[News] The Joys of Choosing a Window Manager

Comparing the Window Managers: Which is Best for You?

,----[ Quote ]
| Are you unhappy with the functionality of your desktop? Are the menus
| distracting, the system slow to start, etc? Would you rather have a minimal
| layout? A faster boot speed? In that case, you need to look at the window
| managers available for Linux users.
|
| Window Managers are essentially the programs that control the way your menus
| and windows are arranged, moved, etc. They can completely change the feel of
| your computer, and be used to optimize your workspace for whatever you need
| it to do.
`----

http://www.nuxified.org/article/comparing_window_managers_which_best_you

Jaunty and Xfce 4.6

,----[ Quote ]
| Xfce 4.6 Release Candidate 1 is now in the Jaunty archive! I just upgraded to
| Jaunty (Hardy -> Intrepid -> Jaunty) the other day and am really digging the
| new version of Xfce4!
`----

http://cody.zapto.org/?p=55

Recent:

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus Torvalds has rejected the argument that Linux developers should pool
| their resources behind a single distribution.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html

Xfce 4.6 Release Candidate 1 (Capybara) released

,----[ Quote ]
| Shortly after Beta 3, we are pleased to announce the first Release Candidate
| for Xfce 4.6. If no serious bugs are found, this is going to be the state of
| the final release (plus translation updates). This Release Candidate is the
| first 4.6 release that comes with graphical installers for the main
| components and goodies.
`----

http://www.xfce.org/about/news?id=20

Xfce 4.6 Beta 3 (Tuco-Tuco) released