Re: Zune Likely Candidate for Death by a Collapsing Microsoft

Sermo Malifer stated in post gmv7qs$oe5$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 2/11/09 12:10
PM:

>>> That's a real stretch.   Zune and iPod are competing hardware, Linux is a
>>> free OS.   Either company could easily run their hardware on Linux.
>>
>> He is *clearly* in reference to Windows, OS X, and Linux...
>
> I didn't need you to tell me what he was in reference to.

Correct: you did not *need* me to correct you... you could have stewed in
your ignorance.  We are in agreement.

>> the only three
>> OSs with *any* relevance on the desktop.
>
> In your limited viewpoint.

I look forward to your contrary support... you know, something more than a
knee-jerk denial.

>>> That's true.
>>
>> Office is not, yet, really threatened.  Nor Windows.  There are cracks in
>> MS's stranglehold in those markets though.  Heck, OS X has taken a nice
>> slice of the desktop market (and Linux a really nice slice of the server).
>
> OS X spends most of its time running M$ Office.   Run along back to CSMA.

Your comments about OS X are ignorant.

>>> That's true too.
>>
>> They have not had much success in other areas.  They are struggling to
>> re-invent themselves.
>
> They've had more success in those areas than Apple has accrued during its
> entire existence.

I look forward to your support!

> I encourage them to leave the operating system business
> and pursue those interests, which are, among other things, selling
> applications to Mac users!

I am sure they will take your comments under advisement.  :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]