[News] Lots of Good Uses to GNU/Linux and Reasons to Switch

7 Cool Things to Do With Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| So you’ve taken the plunge and installed Linux. You’ve followed all the
| HOWTOs all over the net. You’ve got your wireless card working flawlessly.
| You’ve got your video card working (and you’ve begun to loathe that spinning
| cube). You’ve installed all the “restricted” software like Adobe Flash, Sun
| Java and Google Earth. You’ve got all the patent restricted codecs and even
| DVD playback working just like you want. Now what? You want to know what you
| can do with Linux outside of the surfing, emailing, chatting and media
| consumption you normally do? Well, here are a few things to keep you busy.
`----

http://www.davehayes.org/2009/01/16/7-cool-things-to-do-with-linux

Top 10 Responses to Why Should I Use Linux? - A Linux Evangelists’ Reference

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re a Linux enthusiast like me, you’ve probably tried to convert a few
| people over to Linux from another operating system. Even though you succeed
| many times, there are always a few ‘geniuses’ out there who need some real
| persuading to switch over to Linux.
|
| So here are some quick and simple things about Linux you can point out to
| your potential convert.
|
| 1. Linux helps you get rid of viruses, worms, and other computer infections.
|
| Although it is possible to get infected even with Linux (malware is mainly
| written for Windows), its system architecture, based on a server-client
| relationship makes it difficult for a virus to do any damage.
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2008/03/14/top-10-responses-to-why-should-i-use-linux-a-linux-evangelists-reference/

A bit repetitive, but there's _loads_ of wins for Linux today.

Recent:

100 reasons Linux beats Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. You don’t have to “activate” Linux by phone or Internet.
|
| 2. If you change your hardware and re-install Linux you don’t have to call
| someone to justify it.
|
| 3. There’s no such thing as Linux Genuine Advantage.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20861/1141/

5 Things That Make Linux Great

,----[ Quote ]