[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Kicks Ass in Servers

Ubuntu shops believe in Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Unlike many surveys that land on the desks of IT journos each week, the one
| done by Canonical and Red Monk was based on a very large number of responses.
| People from 6,819 companies answered questions about the operating systems
| they have deployed in their organizations and how these OSes are used to
| support mission-critical and other workloads. (You can see the results of the
| survey here). About 55.5 per cent of those polled for the Ubuntu server
| survey came from Europe, with 28.4 per cent coming from North America, 1.7
| per cent from Africa, 5.2 per cent from Asia, and 5.2 per cent from Latin
| America.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/06/ubuntu_server_study/

Ubuntu Server Edition Survey: Canonical’s Real Agenda

,----[ Quote ]
| When Canonical revealed the results of its Ubuntu Server Edition 2009 Survey,
| some pundits thought the news was designed to attract more customers to
| Canonical’s server software. In reality, I think Canoncial had a far
| different — and far wiser — goal for the survey.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/02/05/ubuntu-server-edition-survey-canonicals-real-agenda/

Recent:

Wikipedia simplifies IT infrastructure by moving to one Linux vendor

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the free, online Wikipedia user-created encyclopedia began in 2001, the
| Linux-based IT infrastructure behind it has been expanded and lassoed
| together to keep up with the demands of the popular Web site.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9116787&intsrc=hm_list

Wikipedia standardizes servers on Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The operator of the popular Wikipedia website has reportedly standardized its
| 400 servers on Ubuntu. San Francisco based Wikimedia Foundation, which
| employs five geographically distributed IT staff, and serves two million
| pages daily, says the move will simplify server maintenance, according to a
| report.
`----

http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6069835429.html?kc=rss

Why choose Ubuntu 8.10 as a server?

,----[ Quote ]
| There are several reasons that are important in deciding to employ Ubuntu
| server.  First, Ubuntu is very popular and gaining momentum. On
| distrowatch.com Ubuntu is listed as the most accessed distribution.  The
| popularity of Ubuntu suggests that there will be business and job
| opportunities for those who are trained in configuration of the Ubuntu
| Server.  Popularity of Ubuntu also demonstrates that the distribution will be
| around for awhile so your training will remain a valuable commodity.
`----

http://beginlinux.com/blog/2008/11/why-choose-ubuntu-810-as-a-server/

Ubuntu Server: Cheap 'n' Cheerful, and Easy to Use

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/newss/6554/1/