Re: RBS Worldpay hacked for $9 million ..

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 16:37:18 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

The Royal Bank of Scotland Groupʼs RBS Worldpay has fallen victim to a hack reported to have netted $9 million (£6.1 million) in a worldwide automated teller machine (ATM) scam ..

ATMs from 49 cities were hit, which included Atlanta, New York, Montreal, Moscow and Hong Kong. At the time, RBS Worldpay admitted that the information of 1.5 million cardholders and other individuals could have been affected ..

http://www.itpro.co.uk/609793/royal-bank-of-scotland-s-worldpay-hit-by-atm-scam

Funny, but I wonder why you didn't go to Netcraft and show what technology
Worldpay uses for it's web sites.  I suspect I know the reason.  Let's
see...

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.worldpay.com

Netblock Owner IP address OS Web Server Last changed Entanet Customer 62.249.232.74 Linux Apache 30-Nov-2008 Of course.
So, it seems clear that Worldpay uses Linux servers for their technology,
which probably means their processing system is Linux or Unix based as
well.

Dumbass. Worldpay is a *global* financial center. I bet it gets targetted constantly, along with all the other global finance sites. Any time one gets cracked will be big news regardless of what system it runs. Compare and contrast that with a swiss cheese OS that can be cracked in ten minutes by a fourteen year old. Your apples don't resemble oranges outside your head.