Re: Microsoft AstroTurfers Nymshift in Other Sites

  this bit o' wisdom:

> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-02-04-028-35-OS-MR-0002

Backtracking a bit:

   http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-02-04-028-35-OS-MR-0001

He contradicts Hadron, by the way, about netbooks.

But otherwise the same old same old.

   Apparently you were not around when Gartner published a pro-MS,
   anti-Linux "research" report only to discover that they had failed to
   remove the MS PR logo from the bottom of the report before they published
   it. Then, there is our perennial favorite "analyst", Laura Didio, whose
   frequent diatribes and research reports against Linux are counter
   balanced by her work staring in MS sales videos.

   . . .

   Personally, I'd put the Linux desktop market share at between 8 and 12%
   in the USA, with Mac at about 10%. That leaves Microsoft's share at
   between 78 to 84%. Microsoft is SCARED. VISTA bombed and the PR/FUD
   machine has pulled out all stops in Microsoft's drive to marginalize
   Linux or discourage its adoption.

I don't quite buy the numbers, but I do buy the scared part, though it
doesn't take much to scare Microsoft these days.

--
The so-called "desktop metaphor" of today's workstations is instead an
"airplane-seat" metaphor.  Anyone who has shuffled a lap full of papers