Re: Inconsistency in "Linux GUI" debunked

Hadron wrote:
> High Plains Thumper writes:
>> ml2mst wrote:
>>
>>> The trolls however never complain about the inconsistency
>>> of Windows apps.
>>
>> True.  Having used WordPerfect, Claris Works! and Lotus
>> Smarsuite, I considered these superior to Microsoft Word.
>>
>>> They probably never used Nero Burning Suite or any anti
>>> virus suite eh?
>
> What do they have to do with DE consistency on Linux? Are you
> mad?

Nero Burning Suite is available for Linux:

http://www.nero.com/enu/linux3.html

In addition to so called "consistency" being irrelevant, this is
an example of:

http://tantek.pbwiki.com/TrollTaxonomy

[quote] Ad hominem troll

Ad hominem troll at its simplest, will attack people personally,
rather than the merits of their statements or methodologies.

The ad hominem troll often has already lost a rational argument
about a topic, and thus its goal is to change the argument from
being about a topic, to being about the people opposed to the
troll (which could mean any/all rational person(s) in the
discussion), in the hopes of both discrediting people's ideas
indirectly by discrediting the people, and engendering an
emotional reaction from the people by attacking their egos /
self-image. The "getting a reaction out of" goal is common to
most troll types. [/quote]

>> Probably.  Or Linux apps.
>
> It is truly amazing how you two seem totally unable to grasp
> the concept of what consistency is and what it means. The rest
> of the world puts importance on it. You don't even seem able
> to understand what it IS. It is truly a shame for mankind and
> Linux that you are able to "advocate" in this way. Your
> ignorance is palpable.

This is a continuation of the ad hominem attack, see above.

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/hadron-quark-troll.html

http://tinyurl.com/6ngfby