Re: Microsoft's Garage Band ripoff is a joke among internet users

Verily I say unto thee, that nrballard@xxxxxxxxx spake thusly:
> Microsoft SongSmith: Flawed music software produces comedy gold
>
> "SongSmith has been widely panned as inferior to Apple's popular
> virtual music kit GarageBand, but internet wits have discovered an
> alternative use for the programme and its musical limitations:
> creating dreadful reworkings of existing hits."
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/microsoft/4378323/SongSmith-Flawed-software-produces-comedy-gold.html

I managed to bear most of the elevator version of "Roxanne", about 30
seconds of the hillbilly version of "White Wedding", and about 10
seconds of the pensioner's bingo-night out version of "Creep", before
feeling like a Japanese POW under torture.

I'd actually pay Microsoft if they'd promise to withdraw this product,
take it out the back of Redmond HQ, and shoot it with Joachim Kempin's
antelope rifle.

Seriously.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 07:12:16 up 91 days, 14:55,  5 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00