[News] Preview of KDE 4.3, Raves About KDE 4.2

Five Improvements For KDE 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| The new year has already brought us a nice treat in KDE 4.2. I found it to be
| a very solid desktop, yet with some issues that keep it from 100% perfection.
| I’m happy to say that 4.2 occupies all of the computers that I use, yet there
| are still some serious problems that remain. Last year I did an article
| similar to this one, detailing the things I feel would make the KDE desktop
| rise to a higher level of perfection, and now that KDE 4.2 is released, it’s
| time to do it again.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=180

KDE 4.2: Usability Makes a Comeback

,----[ Quote ]
| All users, too, can appreciate the wealth of new applets, such as the Blue
| Marble Globe or RRSNow. There is even Bball, a red bouncing ball for the
| desktop that fulfills the apparent obligation for GNU/Linux desktops to have
| at least one useless widget.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3799456

My favourite KDE 4.2 feature: Task Bar And Window Grouping

,----[ Quote ]
| I was going to make it "Konsole Tabs Are Session Managed Again" but it's a
| restored KDE 3 feature and all the kids know that commandline hacking is not
| cool.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3864

Give it a spin...

KDE 4.2 installation/upgrade on Debian,Kbuntu and OpenSuse

http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/2009/01/kde-42-installationupgrade-on.html

Recent:

Straight from KDE 4.2.60 (KDE 4.3 trunk)

,----[ Quote ]
| I guess this is everything for this week, as you can see KMail is pretty
| useful, easy to set up (if you use the first run wizard) and, with some
| tweaks here and there, you can get a impressively clean, uncluttered, yet,
| useful interface :-)
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2009/01/kontact-kmail.html

Banner selection for KDE 4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Some weeks ago Emil Sedgh told me that there is a countdown banner for KDE
| 4.2. That one is on kde.org as well
`----

http://blog.rakekniven.de/2009/01/18/banner-selection-for-kde-42/

My sweet desktop environment - KDE 4.2 RC

,----[ Quote ]
| About a month ago I installed Gentoo Linux on my MacBook Pro as I’ve become
| really disappointed with OSX. Being a linux user for a few years it’s hard to
| get used to such a limited operating system like OSX…Anyway I just want to
| show you some screenshots of a just released KDE 4.2 RC that is totally
| amazing…
|
| [...]
|
| This is something like QuickSilver in OSX. I use KRunner to open applications
| or access files, but you can use it for many other tasks like calculations,
| spell checking, opening web bookmarks etc.
`----

http://blog.solnic.eu/2009/01/18/my-sweet-desktop-environment-kde-42-rc

KDE 4.2 RC Released for Final Testing

,----[ Quote ]
| January 13th, 2009. The KDE Community today announced the immediate
| availability of "Cilense", (a.k.a KDE 4.2 Release Candidate), the only
| planned release candidate for the KDE 4.2 desktop. Cilense is aimed at
| testers and reviewers. It should provide a solid ground to report last-minute
| bugs that need to be tackled before KDE 4.2.0 is released. Reviewers can use
| this release candidate to get a first look at the upcoming KDE 4.2 desktop
| which provides significant improvements all over the desktop and
| applications. It is not recommended for everyday use, however.
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.2-rc.php

KDE 4.1.4 and 4.2 Release Candidate Available Now

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE community has made available two new releases of the KDE desktop and
| applications today. KDE 4.1.4 is the latest update for the KDE 4.1 series.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1231885724/

Call for Organisation of KDE 4.2 Release Parties

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1231109318/