Re: Overheard in Redmond last week ...

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Saturday 17 January 2009 23:16 : \____

> Terry Porter wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>> > After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
>> >   this bit o' wisdom:

>> > I guess Friday night drinking comes early in Australia.
>>
>> Nah, I barely drink, I'm a virtual tea-totaler .
>>

>> > Though I suspect your parody actually undercounts the F word <grin>.
>>
>> I was wondering how hi tech gangsters would talk to each other behind the
>> scenes, away from the watching public eye.
>
> Actually Bill Gates is known for the vulgarity of his language and his
> aggressive way of browbeating subordinates.  I don't know about
> Ballmer.

He used the F word a lot when he insults his own employees. They spoke about
this in public.

2006...

Gates on Vista, Xbox 360 and Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| "You know, Sony can make 80,000 bricks, and people would buy them."

2007/8...

Bill Gates May Have to Testify In Xbox Fire Case

,----[ Quote ]
| The lawyer for the family of a teenage girl who was horribly burned in a
| house fire allegedly sparked by a faulty Xbox game console is threatening to
| have Microsoft chairman Bill Gates testify about the safety of his company's
| offshore manufacturing practices.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207000426

Does that have anything to do with the fried baby?

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open the Gate$ to Hell
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached