Re: [News] GNU/Linux Can Protect from Suppressive Regimes

Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> | I’m not a technical expert but it seems to me that the only
>> | theoretical way to defeat the government’s insatiable lust for
>> | information, power and control is to create an open source ISP
>> | funded by its members like some kind of modern Friendly Society
>> | which would be founded on democratic principles and funded by
>> | the members. It seems impossible but the Wikipedia project
>> | ought not to exist either — but it does. The other long shot is
>> | to pray for the sudden emergence of a technological singularity
>> | which moves so impossibly fast that governments cannot keep
>> | pace with counter measures. Failing that we all become Luddites
>> | and forswear computers and the internet entirely.
>
> Homer

I'm not sure if your single-word response is supposed to be either a
rebuke or a call for comment, but in any case I have the same answer:

http://www.perfect-privacy.com/about.html

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 22:25:11 up 73 days,  6:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.07, 0.02