Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 17th of January, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 17th of January, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:00:57 +0000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:GNmlCfqpwjaaJjAB85VLx0iwYM8=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 1043 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     258  890957     3%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       100   85431    61%
   3. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         91   71427     4%
   4. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            68   85138    32%
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        43   66611    29%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     43   65448    73%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    35   18483    61%
   8. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           30   36328    53%
      The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   30   41267    59%
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      25   38753    72%
  11. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       22   23911    58%
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          18   11207    53%
  13. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           17   34373    76%
      ml2mst <ml2mstREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               17   27816    76%
  15. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               15    7028    34%
      ZnU - CSMA Refugee                                15   32068    69%
      Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                         15   35304    89%
  18. Sonnova <sonnova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             14   29223    77%
      -hh <recscuba_google@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              14   28986    48%
  20. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         13   27283    11%
  21. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@spammerskissmyarse   12   15517    75%
  22. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                              11   16797    84%
  23. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  9   15773    71%
  24. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    8    6252    71%
      Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                          8    6519    54%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               8   12327    48%
  27. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                7    9328    80%
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.    7   16686    57%
  29. bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  6   25248    82%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           6    5180    71%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Psystar sales booming!                                  117  242974
   2. Windows 7: back to the 1990's                            36   40076
   3. No way Windows can compete with Ubuntu 8.10              33   42184
      MS v The Vole?                                           33   37707
   5. The change from Ubuntu Linux to micoshaft crapware       31   25824
   6. My Tom Tom GPS Runs Linux ! Yea!                         26   25282
   7. Kill-filter reset                                        20   15108
   8. So how is Microsoft going to counter the $50 Netbo       19   27105
   9. I got an XP EeePC, and Windows crapped out right a       16   22596
  10. USB Monitors                                             14   15850
  11. Windows backdoored, Linux is our savior                  12   13971
      10 reasons to love Ubuntu, Performance, performanc       12   19917
  13. Ubuntu shines on servers                                 11    9601
  14. Netscape challenges Microsoft lead on the Internet       10    7609
      chrisv forged again in Message-ID:<wAN4iaIFMufgRb1       10    8858
      What?s the real story on the Windows Home Server d       10   24244
      Windows NTFS corruption fixed by Linux                   10   16089
      Busy Morning for the Munchkins... Microsoft Layoff       10    7532
  19. Last Week's paycheck for Gary, Zeke et al?                9    3743
      SCO dead? I hope so!!                                     9   13804
      Linux Acer Aspire One, it can do anything!                9   17486
      XP HOME on a Acer Aspire One, you *must* be joking        9    8132
      clogwog, troll genius of the year ;-)                     9    6173
  24. a demo of the funkenSyndrome ..                           7    6907
      our Chinese all never existed ..                          7    6566
      Linux is DOOMED! 2 minutes 12 seconds to copy a 7.        7    5047
  27. MS bans Open Source in education ..                       6    7171
      comes: SCP Microsoft 86-dos license agreement ..          6    4794
      [News] [Rival] Windows Vista is Dead, Long Live Vi        6    4347
      never leave an opening for novell or ibm ..               6    5053
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           49
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       45
   3. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     32
   4. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    27
   5. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        24
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   22
   7. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      18
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       16
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     16
  10. Sonnova <sonnova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            15
  11. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              13
  12. ml2mst <ml2mstREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              11
  13. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 10
  14. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          9
  15. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            8
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           8
  17. Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                                         7
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              7
  19. ZnU - CSMA Refugee                                                6
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              6
      Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                                         6
  22. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         5
      -hh <recscuba_google@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              5
  24. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             4
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
      bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 4
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           4
      simian.knucklescraper@xxxxxxxxx                                   4
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         4
  30. Steve de Mena - CSMA Refugee                                      3
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    130
   2. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        90
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        74
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
   6. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           71
   7. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              67
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          67
   9. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 65
  10. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         64
  11. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             63
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   61
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          61
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      61
  15. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                59
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          59
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     59
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  59
  19. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         58
  20. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     57
      ml2mst <ml2mstREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              57
  22. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             55
  23. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              52
  24. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    45
      Sonnova <sonnova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            45
  26. -hh <recscuba_google@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             42
  27. bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                38
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           419
   2. slrn                                                            209
   3. Thunderbird                                                      89
      BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105   89
   5. Pan                                                              43
   6. G2/1.0                                                           42
   7. MT-NewsWatcher                                                   32
   8. Forte Agent                                                      31
   9. Hogwasher/4.3                                                    22
  10. tin                                                              18
  11. XPN/1.0.0 (Monkey Business ; Linux)                              15
  12. Gnus                                                              8
  13. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         5
  14. Thoth                                                             3
  15. COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Microsoft Windows Mail                                            1
      XPN/1.2.5 (Emancipation ; Linux)                                  1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 09:00:37 up 72 days, 16:43,  4 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.17, 0.05