Re: [News] Linux-hostile Charity Killer Sees Profits Floored -- Down 90%

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Intel's Net Profit Drops 90 Percent
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Intel's fourth-quarter profit plunged 90 percent from a year earlier, as
> | the chip maker battled a worsening economy and recorded a steep loss
> | from investments.
> `----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/157808/intels_net_profit_drops_90_percent.html?tk=rss_news

It seems that Linux netbook sales are all that's keeping Intel alive at the
moment. They simply can't produce enough Atom CPUs.

When it comes to survival, many companies will make major changes, so
perhaps Intel will drop Windows support as it's not helping their bottom
line much ?

The Intel 'Classmate' is being slayed by Linux netbooks also, so they would
be smart to just drop that clunker.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008