[News] Ubuntu Releases Weekly Newsletter

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 124

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #124 for the week January
| 4th - January 10th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Next Ubuntu Global Bug Jam,
| Ubuntu Developer Week Returns, New MOTU's, New Ubuntu Members, Ubuntu Hall of
| Fame: James Westby, Good People-Good Teams, Debian Import Freeze, Changes to
| Launchpad Legal Page, Open Sourcing Launchpad, 12 Days of Launchpad, Ubuntu
| Podcast #16, Edubuntu meeting minutes, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue124

"Bill Gates looks at everything as something that should be his. He acts in any
way he can to make it his. It can be an idea, market share, or a contract.
There is not an ounce of conscientiousness or compassion in him. The notion of
fairness means nothing to him. The only thing he understands is leverage."

                                                --Philippe Kahn

Recent:

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 122

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #122 for the week December
| 14th - December 20th, 2008. In this issue we cover: Holiday Schedule for the
| UWN, Announcing the next "Global Ubuntu BugJam, Ubuntu on Amazon EC2 Beta
| released, Main frozen for Alpha 2, New Ubuntu Developer Week set for January,
| New MOTU's, Ubuntu on national Danish TV again, Launchpad interviews:
| Jonathan Lange & Adam Olsen, Launchpad 2.1.12 released, Preparing for signed
| PPA's, Launchpod episode #14: Drupal Modules, Linux is a way of life, not a
| clone of Windows, Ubuntu Podcast #15, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue122

Horny for Ubuntu 8.10: first look at Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| The first alpha release of Ubuntu 8.10, codenamed Intrepid Ibex, was made
| available on Saturday. This preliminary Intrepid prerelease includes updated
| packages, a new version of the Linux kernel, and an experimental new visual
| style.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080629-horny-for-ubuntu-8-10-first-look-at-intrepid-ibex.html

Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the first things to notice about Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 1 is its new theme.
| Originally, Ubuntu 8.04 was supposed to introduce a (much-anticipated) new
| default theme for Ubuntu, but that was pushed back into Intrepid Ibex. The
| theme in Alpha 1 is much different from any previous version of Ubuntu (see
| The Visual History of Ubuntu). There is much browner and the current design
| is a complete overhaul with nearly everything being different aside from the
| background. However, we are only at Alpha 1 and there is still much more work
| left with fine-tuning this theme before it's settled in October.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_810_alpha1&num=1

Ubuntu Linux 8.10

,----[ Quote ]