[News] Video of the Linux-based BUGS Kit

Linux-based gizmo construction kit gets extra bricks

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/01/10/ces_video_bug_labs/

Recent:

The BUGS Are Worked Out

,----[ Quote ]
| While most tech gadget companies carefully guard their products from hackers,
| start-up Bug Labs is courting them.
|
| The company has just released a series of modules, known as the BUG, that
| snap together like electronic Legos to form an array of different gadgets,
| from GPS locators to motion detection cameras.
|
| It's DIY electronics.
`----

http://www.jewishexponent.com/article/17987/

Hardware Mash-ups and Bug Lab's Bug

,----[ Quote ]
| That sense of joyful wonder, playful construction and even sense of danger
| was resurrected both literally and metaphorically when I began exploring the
| learning potential of Bug Labs' BUG -- an open embedded Linux-based
| combination of a BUGbase and four BUGmodules.
`----

http://www.ddj.com/linux-open-source/210201098

Open-Source Gadget Maker Bug Labs Closes Third Funding Round

,----[ Quote ]
| NYC-based Bug Labs, which makes open-source mobile devices, has raised a
| third round of funding. Leading the round: Court Square Ventures. Existing
| investors Union Square Ventures and Spark Capital also participated. No
| financial terms disclosed, but Bug says it'll use the money to expand its
| marketing efforts, hire people, etc.
`----

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/8/open-source-gadget-maker-bug-labs-closes-third-funding-round

Bug Labs: It’s about open-sourcing hardware

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=1415