[News] Raves and Video Demos of the Linux-based Palm Smartphone

Objects Of Desire #1 - Palm Pre smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| There, I've confessed, and I'm feeling better already. And the current object
| of my unfathomable desire? The Palm Pre smartphone, unveiled last week at the
| Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/01/objects-of-desire-1-palm-pre-smartphone.html

2009: Year of the Linux Handheld?

,----[ Quote ]
| A common inside joke on Slashdot is the "Year of the Linux Desktop", a
| revelation about each upcoming year being the mythical time when Linux will
| obtain wide-scale adoption on desktop PCs. Although the number of PCs running
| Linux has increased each year, a new emergent trend is that Linux is becoming
| a popular on more consumer handheld devices.
`----

http://linuxrevolution.blogspot.com/2009/01/2009-year-of-linux-handheld.html

Nice video demo of the Palm device:
http://www.osnews.com/story/20747/Palm_s_Card-Based_Interface_Paradigm

Related:

Palm shows off 'Centro' smart phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Gearlog called the Centro "Treo 800" and "Gandolf," both names that have come
| up before among the Palm enthusiasts. It's also not clear if Centro will run
| Garnet, the decaying version of Palm OS, or a newer Linux-based version from
| Access or Palm. No further details were forthcoming from Palm, but the
| devices shown at the Sprint event were slated for this fall.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9761440-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Mobile Linux gets serious

,----[ Quote ]
| That's exactly why the Limo (Linux Mobile) foundation has apparently decided
| to allow Wind River deep into its midst.
|
| Wind River can now lay claim to being on the forefront of being, "the first
| commercial Linux platform and tools provider in the Limo consortium."
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41750

Cellphone giants unveil mobile Linux foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| Six of the world's largest telecommunications companies have
| officially launched a non-profit organization dedicated to
| creating a common mobile Linux software platform. Founded by
| Motorola, NEC, NTT DoCoMo, Panasonic Mobile Communications,
| Samsung Electronics, and Vodafone, the LiMo Foundation is
| inviting membership and participation from application
| and middleware developers.

Motorola Unveils MOTOMAGX Mobile Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola today introduced MOTOMAGX, its next generation mobile Linux
| platform.
`----

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/61620.html?fromrss=1

Motorola reveals new Linux-based mobile platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola has revealed MOTOMAGX, the company's next-generation Linux-based
| platform for mobile phones.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/08/08/motorola-reveals-new-linux-based-mobile-platform

Motorola wins $394 million in China Mobile deals

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-6202156.html