[News] New GNU/Linux Distributions: pfSense, MythDora, gnuLinEx, SystemRescueCd

pfSense 1.2.2 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| 1.2.2 is now making its way to the mirrors. Only five changes from 1.2.1, but
| we did want to get these issues fixed and an updated version out there.
`----

http://blog.pfsense.org/?p=351

MythDora 10.21

,----[ Quote ]
| MythDora 10.21 has arrived. That's right we've jumped ahead a few versions to
| catch us up with our Fedora baseline. The intent is that going forward we'll
| release versions in-line with current Fedora versions.
`----

http://www.mythdora.com/?q=node/3233

gnuLinEx 0.5-2

http://www.linex.org/

SystemRescueCd 1.1.4

http://www.sysresccd.org/

Recent:

MythTV Distro Roundup - Part 3: MythDora

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I loved the system.  It's dead easy to setup, easy to use, and very
| flexible and expandable.  If you ask which of the three distros I liked best,
| that would depend on what kind of person was using them (ie, newbie vs.
| experienced user) and how much they wanted to tinker.  For the new user,
| MythDora is the king all the way.  For hackability, tweakability, and just
| plain old uber geeky fiddling, I'd say MythBuntu.   And if you're a pioneer
| who likes to work with young distros or projects that are just getting off
| the ground, KnoppMyth would be the one for you.
|
| And that brings us to the end of our roundup, since these are really the only
| mainstream MythTV distros available right now.  There are others, but given
| none that are classified as actual "distros" just yet, we'll be stopping
| here.  In the future, we'll keep looking at more as soon as they become
| available.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=460

Upgrading to Mythdora 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| There are other great features, some of which I have yet to figure out how to
| take advantage of. To see them, see the release notes. I wish I had taken
| some before and after screenshots of Mythweb, the plugin that lets you manage
| most of MythTV’s features over the web. It has REALLY been improved. Here’s a
| really good example of how it looks now. Before for the videos your recorded,
| it would just show a small thumbnail, now, if you click on the recorded show,
| you get a plethora of information (and it looks neat too!)
|
| Overall I was VERY happy with the great job the Mythdora team did on this
| release. The upgrade went very smoothly and the new features are working very
| well.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2008/05/05/upgrading-to-mythdora-50/

Related:

MythDora 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| MythDora 5.0 is finally here. It's based on Fedora 8 along with MythTV-0.21.
`----

http://www.g-ding.tv/?q=node/3233

Pre-build MythTV Linux PVR eats Windows MCE for breakfast

,----[ Quote ]
| Basically this is an unpack-and-plug-in solution to your media
| streaming/live TV pausing/scheduled recording needs.  Yes, you
| could build your own Linux box and install MythTV, but this saves
| you all the effort, is cheaper than a Windows Media Centre and
| gives you access to a vast range of fan-programmed add-ons.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/pre-build-mythtv-linux-pvr-eats-windows-mce-for-breakfast-152985.php

Linux as a Media Centre

,----[ Quote ]