[News] Absolute Linux 12.2.1 is Released

Available Now: Absolute Linux 12.2.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Sherman, father of the Absolute Linux, announced on January 8th, a new
| bug fix release of his Slackware-based operating system. Absolute Linux
| 12.2.1 delivers updated versions for the Pidgin (2.5.2), Samba (3.2.7), the
| GIMP (2.6.4), WPClipart (7.1), Audacity (1.3.6) applications and the
| following Mozilla products: Firefox 3.0.5, Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, Seamonkey
| 1.1.14. Moreover, this point release version of Absolute Linux 12.2 updates
| the PTP camera auto-mounting feature, the wireless/wired networking manager
| (wicd 1.5.8) and it also introduces a newer version of the Help System, which
| is now located on the second disc and works properly. Last but not least,
| wxPython was updated to version 2.8.9.1 and it replaces the older wxPython
| and wxGTK packages.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Available-Now-Absolute-Linux-12-2-1-101559.shtml

Related:

Absolute Linux 12.1 Released - Powered by Slackware 12.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Absolute Linux is a lightweight modification of the Slackware Linux
| distribution. It makes maintenance and configuration much easier, has common
| applications installed and configured. Absolute Linux allows you to play
| audio CDs, DVDs and movies "out of the box", and it is easy to configure and
| simple to use.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Absolute-Linux-12-1-Released-86095.shtml

An Absolute Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Absolute Linux 12.0.6.will definitely stay on my hard drive for now, and I
| will be playing with it within the next few weeks until I can fully decide
| whether it could stay a lot longer, or not. Based only from my initial tests,
| I can say that it has the potential to replace my older Zenwalk system. I
| don’t really consider Absolute Linux newbie-friendly, but all things
| considered, Absolute Linux is absolutely a worthy distro to watch.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/10/absolute-review.html

Absolute Linux 12.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]