[News] Cfengine Embraces GPL and Launches Company

Cfengine Launches Commercial Open Source Company

,----[ Quote ]
| Cfengine is open-source (GPL) software for configuring, monitoring and
| autonomically maintaining computers. It’s been around for over 15 years and
| is pretty prevalent among Unix administrators with a lot of machines to
| manage.  The concept around CFengine involves having a centralized
| configuration that can propagate out to servers a common use would be to
| develop a template or set of templates that can be used to “build” a server.
`----

http://socializedsoftware.com/2009/01/06/cfengine-launches-commercial-open-source-company/

Recent:

10 Linux Predictions for 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Everyone wants to know what's going to happen in the new
| year as if anyone can accurately predict these things.
| However, one can deduce, with reasonable accuracy, that
| there will be innovations that are designed to get our
| attention. This is my list of Linux-oriented predictions
| for 2009.
| The keyword for 2009 is Innovation.
|
| 1. Buyouts/Mergers - 2009 will see its share of company
| buyouts and mergers--all innovation-related. Larger
| companies will buy up smaller ones with innovative products
| and services. Many new open source millionaires will be
| created through these transitions.
|
| 2. Gadgets, Gadgets, and more Gadgets - This will be the
| Year of the Gadget and they'll be Linux-powered. You'll see
| dozens of new gadgets from phones to home appliances to
| weather stations come out in 2009 all designed to attract
| your attention and your money. Watch for rapidly falling
| prices on these little gems along the way too.

Will 2009 Be Open or Closed?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/will-2009-be-open-or-closed