[News] More Devices Adopt Android Linux, G1 Phone Becomes Hackable

Phone dev kit runs Android

,----[  Quote ]
| The Exeda is touted as an "unusual development platform," and, indeed, we
| haven't seen one quite like it. On the software side, the device is said to
| be supplied with the open source U-boot boot loader, allowing it to boot into
| Angstrom Linux and the Google-sponsored Android Linux platform, as well as
| Windows CE 6.0 and Windows Mobile (pictured here). CompuLab says the Exeda
| includes complete BSPs (board support packages) plus detailed documentation.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8567251230.html?kc=rss

RC30 G1 phones can now be jailbroken

,----[ Quote ]
| Big news in the G1 jailbreak world today. The guys at the xda-developers
| forum have snagged RC29 and RC7 firmware images. By copying these to a
| FAT32-formatted SD card, you can flash these already signed images to your G1
| and jailbreak your G1.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2009/01/02/rc30-g1-phones-can-now-be-jailbroken

Recent:

Is Android Google's Ticket into the Enterprise?

,----[ Quote ]
| Google Inc.'s Android project could be the start of a much larger enterprise
| strategy, according to one industry analyst. But before the search engine
| giant can threaten Microsoft's enterprise supremacy, most observers of
| wireless industry efforts agree that the company's open source OS platform
| will need to regain support from its development community.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/151306/is_android_googles_ticket_into_the_enterprise.html

Google Exec: Android To Beat iPhone

,----[ Quote ]