[News] Ubuntu Spreads, Even Into More Schools

My Experiences Installing Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| When I installed Ubuntu onto my PC, a lot of my hardware worked on boot-up
| without any additional driver and software installations. However, to get
| everything working the way I liked, I had to follow the simple steps listed
| in various How-To's and forum postings.
`----

http://negativepop.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-experiences-installing-ubuntu.html

Linux & Teachers

,----[ Quote ]
| As few of you know, I'm a Computer Science student currently studying in
| F.E..
| The other day I was taking print outs from the college PC lab (as we call
| it). The official college time was over. Apart from me there was another
| friend of mine and our Computer Programming teacher. She was busy checking
| our assignments. I booted one PC and was pleasantly surprised to find good
| ol' Ubuntu booting up. Normally here in India Windows is the norm in
| schools, universities and colleges. Hell, we still use Borland Turbo C
| compilers which are the relics from the stone age of modern computing.
| I asked my teacher , "Miss who installed Linux on that PC?"
| and she replied, "That isn't Linux - It is Ubuntu."
`----

http://helpforlinux.blogspot.com/2009/01/linux-teachers.html

Days ago:

Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not ever going to get Windows for my personal computer
| ever again.
`----

http://jiminafrica.blogspot.com/2009/01/ubuntu.html

Ubuntu in 2009