[News] Palm to Unveil New Linux Platform at CES

Palm needs Nova to shine

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm is poised to make what some analysts are calling its last stand at this
| week's Consumer Electronics Show, where it is expected to introduce its
| long-awaited Linux-based operating system.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/03/BUN3152PC8.DTL

Light at the End of the Tunnel: 7 Things We Need From Nova

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks in part to their obsessive secrecy regarding the upcoming Nova devices
| and the long development process, Palm have led many of their fans, the tech
| press and the financial community to write them off as serious contenders in
| the smartphone market. This is it. Their last shot at showing the world
| they're not dead yet.
`----

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9664/light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-7-things-we-need-from-nova/

Palm NOVA Details Leak

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm recently received a $100 million cash "bailout" to tide it over while it
| tries to release its Linux-based NOVA OS. It's going to release details about
| the OS this week at CES, but information about the upcoming phone has already
| leaked.
`----

http://technologyexpert.blogspot.com/2009/01/palm-nova-details-leak.html

Recent:

Palm eyes a rebound at CES, maybe with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Seeming to take a cue from Apple, Palm Inc. this week sent out vaguely
| phrased invitations promising "Palm New-Ness" to journalists at CES. Will
| Palm launch a new Linux OS at the show? Or will it even resurrect Foleo?
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Palm_eyes_a_rebound_at_CES_maybe_with_Linux/1229022532

Palm Linux OS Launch Likely for Upcoming CES

http://www.wirelessweek.com/article.aspx?id=165020

Dual Boot Linux on a Palm TX

,----[ Quote ]
| The folks at Eyebeam have put together a couple of pre-configured packages
| and simple steps for setting up a dual boot environment for Linux on a number
| of Palm PDAs. There is also a video guide posted on Instructables (embedded
| after the break) that walks through the process with a Palm TX. This method
| involves copying over a PDA optimized Linux boot image to an SD card and
| going from there.
`----

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7204/dual-boot-linux-on-a-palm-tx/

Next-gen Palm OS coming in early 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm’s next-generation operating system will be finished by the end of the
| year, according to the company by way of RegHardware.
|
| According to Palm, the Linux-based system software known as “Palm OS II”
| and “Nova” is “on track” for completion by the end of calendar 2008, with
| handsets based on the OS to follow in the first half of 2009.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=365

Palm Centro hits 1 million unit mark

,----[ Quote ]