[News] Google Starts Using Its Web Dominance to Fight Against Microsoft's Browser

  • Subject: [News] Google Starts Using Its Web Dominance to Fight Against Microsoft's Browser
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 23:00:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google's Microsoft-esque landgrab for IE's market share

,----[ Quote ]
| Fair? Yes. A bit sneaky? You bet. Clint Boulton at eWeek sees it as a way to
| promote Chrome, and he's right. Google now regularly hawks its own Chrome
| browser on its search page, the same page that 63.5 percent of the world
| uses. In true Microsoft fashion, Google is going to tie its products
| together, making a holistic experience that ostensibly helps customers while
| bludgeoning competitors.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10130301-16.html

"In one piece of mail people were suggesting that Office had to work equally
well with all browsers and that we shouldn’t force Office users to use our
browser. This Is wrong and I wanted to correct this."

                                --Bill Gates

"Another suggestion In this mail was that we can’t make our own unilateral
extensions to HTML I was going to say this was wrong and correct this also."

                                --Bill Gates

Recent:

IE Loses European Market Share

,----[ Quote ]
| For November, IE's share of Europe's browser market was 59.5%, down a
| percentage point since June and off five points since April.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155987/ie_firefox_europe.html?tk=rss_news

Firefox hits record market share

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-40007-113.html

Mozilla Firefox 3.1 on Its Way to Setting Web Video Standard

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mozilla-Firefox-3-1-on-It-039-s-Way-to-Setting-Web-Video-Standard-91432.shtml