Re: Internet Explorer Falls Below 10% Market Share

____/ Homer on Sunday 04 January 2009 21:16 : \____

>> At least in some sites... that /DON'T/ sell their data to all sorts of
>> Fisher Price 'Web surveys'...
>>
>> From the past 3 days:
>>
>> Browsers (Top 10)
>>         Browsers                Grabber Hits    Percent
>>         Firefox                 No      519212  78.3 %
>>         MS Internet Explorer    No      57479   8.6 %
>>         Mozilla                 No      28859   4.3 %
>>         Safari                  No      13961   2.1 %
>>
>> Microsoft IE: going nowhere fast.
>
> My annual totals for 2008 put IE in third place, at just 4.9% (including
> the redirect), followed by Safari at 5.6%, and Firefox at 76.3%.
>
> The OS stats put the Mac at 10.7%, Linux at 24.1% and Windows at 60.6%,
> of which XP accounts for 43.5% and Vista a mere 15.1%. The most popular
> GNU/Linux distro is "Unknown or unspecified distribution" at 10.7%,
> followed by Ubuntu at 8.1%, Fedora at 2.1%, then the also-rans.
>
> D'ya think [P]artner/IDC would be interested?

What'$ the bu$ine$$ (or biZniZ) potential of the$e $tat$?

Remember: no income, no study.

Posted yesterday:

IDC and Microsoft Negotiate the Results of Studies

- ---
FOR reasons that we mentioned in the past, the Gartner Group utterly lacks
credibility. It negotiates its output with companies that are also its
clients. IDC is very much the same, as we pointed out before. Sadly, IDC is
not just an analyst firm as it also owns lots and lots of media outlets, which
are of course biased (they rely on funding, e.g. through advertising or
contracts) and it sometimes goes as far as historical revisionism.

Here is an another antitrust exhibit which shows an IDC report being mailed to
Microsoft for review before being published [PDF]. The mail says: “I hate to
put it like this, but at this point, IDC is done negotiating with us. We have
moved them quite a bit already, but they are now holding the line, saying that
if we want the names of their ‘big’ analysts on the report this is it.”

Why is there wiggling room anyway?

This may be less of a ’smoking gun’ than this one [PDF], where Microsoft is
removing the sponsorship from an IDC study. We wrote about it over a year ago.
Responsible for that FUD was also Peter Galli, a former reporter who now
reports directly to Microsoft. █
- ---

Weeks ago:

Gartner and Microsoft Negotiate Not Bashing Vista

- ---
WE last summarised the mischiefs of Waggener Edstrom (Microsoft marketing
front) in this post and we also explained why the Gartner Group is a fraud
(not in the literal sense). One of our readers has unearthed the following
E-mail which shows Microsoft, Gartner and Waggener Edstrom coordinating and
managing the perceptions and publications that come out of Gartner.

- From page 34 of this set of evidence [PDF] (which comes from the Vista
collusion trial [1, 2, 3]), here is an E-mail that Jamin Spilzer, Group
Manager at Microsoft, sent to Brad Goldberg, a General Manager [DOC] at
Microsoft. Waggener Edstrom was sent a copy.