Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 3rd of January, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 3rd of January, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 09:00:45 +0000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:i7KXBRbWU0U018YHF7/pgBgJkZk=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 705 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     189  325738     4%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>            57   55848    65%
   3. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            52   61449    48%
   4. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                49   62158    28%
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    36   17513    58%
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         28   78988    14%
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      28   37847    75%
      The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   28   37149    59%
   9. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           25   25982    51%
  10. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           17   25079    75%
  11. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       15   25995    73%
  12. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   14   83286    22%
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   14   33402    34%
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      14   16818    35%
  15. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            13   16232    55%
  16. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     12   19954    70%
  17. Megabyte <megabyte.NoSpam@xxxxxxxx>               11   26348    67%
  18. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         10   10425    27%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   10   11838    32%
  20. Tattoo Vampire <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             9    2294    44%
  21. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                6    6490    73%
      Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxxx>                       6   10135    65%
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                6     657    36%
  24. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    5   10822    85%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                5    5344    76%
  26. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                        4    3481    17%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          4    4616    71%
  28. none of your buisiness <none@xxxxxxxx>             3    2172    54%
      Jeremy Fisher <freya@xxxxxxxxxx>                   3    1978    49%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3    2091    80%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. XP HOME on a Acer Aspire One, you *must* be joking       57   99694
   2. Del's 'recovery partition'                               31   36086
   3. Sharp HDTV runs Linux                                    27   49900
   4. Confession of a Microsoft Shilling Advocate              26   43169
   5. Another flawless Ubuntu installation                     19   20940
   6. Zune drops dead                                          18   30452
   7. Personal IT Spend                                        15   11763
      Where have all the Linux powered Acer Aspire One n       15   26163
   9. Puppy Linux to the Rescue                                13   13595
  10. [News] New Version of Sabayon Linux and Berry Linu       11    8182
      Linux netbook boots FAST!!!!                             11    8429
  12. Dark Matter Powers Linux?                                10    6079
      Wintrolls should shut up and go away                     10    4042
      "Pay As You Go" computing                                10   13013
  15. 20081231:23:59:60                                         9    7167
      You know you're getting old when...                       9    7015
      Wintrolls still at their ridiculous 1 percent clai        9    9477
      Yes - There is a lock-in                                  9    9609
      Tim Smith demonstrates how to troll COLA ..               9    9111
  20. Ubuntu makes impact on new user, ditches Windows          8   12087
      Microsoft Loses Grip in Continental Europe                8   10128
      XPN: Nice                                                 8    9513
      Linux saves yet another 2 computers from trash            8   13831
      The superior efficiency of Linux                          8   19787
  25. Puppy is amazing!                                         6    2313
      [News] Schools Don't Teach Computers... Because of        6    9659
  27. Linux and Netbooks                                        5    5619
      Riddle me this...                                         5    3785
      Bill Gates Knowingly Breaks the Law?                      5   17483
  30. Microsoft Advised to Lay Off Over 9,000 Employees         4    4254
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           31
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     19
      Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           19
   4. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               16
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     15
   6. The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 14
   7. Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     13
   8. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        11
   9. Megabyte <megabyte.NoSpam@xxxxxxxx>                              10
  10. Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                      7
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    7
  12. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            6
      Tattoo Vampire <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            6
  14. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          5
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         5
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              5
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           4
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         4
  19. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3
      none of your buisiness <none@xxxxxxxx>                            3
      Scott [Nudds] Douglas [nyms] - Looney Troll                       3
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           3
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       3
  24. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       2
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                         2
  27. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       1
      Sathish Babu S <babusathish54@xxxxxxxxx>                          1
      Jeremy Fisher <freya@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  1
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    116
   2. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               76
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        75
   4. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          72
   5. Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     71
   6. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        69
   7. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        68
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   67
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              67
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          67
      Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           67
      Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           67
  13. Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     66
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         66
  15. Tattoo Vampire <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           64
  16. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           63
      The Lost Packet <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 63
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          59
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      59
  20. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    58
      Megabyte <megabyte.NoSpam@xxxxxxxx>                              58
  22. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              57
  23. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. G2/1.0                                                          171
   2. KNode                                                           152
   3. slrn                                                            112
   4. Thunderbird                                                     103
   5. Pan                                                              98
   6. Forte Agent                                                      18
   7. Microhard Lookout                                                14
   8. XPN/1.0.0 (Monkey Business ; Linux)                               9
   9. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                     6
      40tude_Dialog                                                     6
  11. Gnus                                                              5
  12. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         3
      XPN/1.2.5 (Emancipation ; Linux)                                  3
  14. Mozilla                                                           2
  15. Microsoft Windows Live Mail 14.0.8050.1202                        1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 09:00:27 up 58 days, 16:43,  4 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.24, 0.15