[News] OpenOffice.org and Firefox Grow Bigger

Will OpenOffice.org Go to the Ball this Year?

,----[ Quote ]
| Whatever the reason, one thing I would really love to see
| in 2009 is an improvement in OpenOffice.org's image,
| perhaps with some direct help from other free software
| projects like Firefox (hello, Mozilla Foundation). The
| office suite is the third pillar of core desktop software -
| along with the browser and email program. Because of this
| centrality, improving the current poor state of
| OpenOffice.org's standing would not only help that project,
| but open source in general, by increasing the latter's
| overall credibility as a drop-in replacement for Windows
| and Office.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?RSS&BlogId=14&EntryId=1679

IE lost share to Firefox, Safari and Chrome in December

,----[ Quote ]
| Web sites saw visitors deserting Microsoft's Internet
| Explorer browser in favor of Apple's Safari, Mozilla's
| Firefox and Google's Chrome in December, according to Web
| analytics company Net Applications.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/010209-ie-lost-share-to-firefox.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Related: