[News] Fedora 10 Nicely Fits Acer Aspire

Acer Aspire One and Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| This particular Netbook has been on the market a while and
| a number of people have shared their experiences with
| changing the operating system. My first thought was to
| install the latest version of Ubuntu Linux but research
| seemed to indicate that Fedora 10 was perhaps a little more
| compatible with the Aspire One hardware and would require
| less command line tinkering.
|
| I’m sure the situation of Linux release compatibility is
| constantly changing so my choice may not match your own
| decision.
|
| Not being sure how successful this Linux transformation
| would be, I decided to leave Windows XP on the Aspire One
| and have it dual-boot Linux and Windows. What follows are
| the basic steps for accomplishing this from the 10,000 foot
| level. You can find much more detail and knowledge here,
| here and here.
`----

http://meanderingpassage.com/2009/01/01/acer-aspire-one-and-fedora-10/

Windows 7 in 2009? I don’t think so…

,----[ Quote ]
| Then, of course, there’s Linux. Netbooks work just
| brilliantly with Linux and Linux on the desktop has matured
| to a point that it’s far easier to justify installations in
| an educational setting than it was even a year ago. An
| increasing number of Windows-only applications run under
| Wine, as well. So why install Windows 7, Windows Vista, or
| even go with the Mac OS if a free operating system works
| just as well? As soon as I finish writing this, I’m going
| to start installing Fedora 10 on my Acer Aspire One to
| experience a full Linux distro on a netbook. We’ll see how
| that goes.
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=2013

Recent:

The One for you?

http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2008/9/16/prodit/1997791&sec=prodit

Linpus Linux Lite Review

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/09/15/linpus-linux-lite-review/

Review: Acer Aspire One notebook computer

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/hardware/2221268/review-acer-aspire

Aspire One: the netbook Eee PC killer from Acer?

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19224/1103/