Re: [News] [Rival] Confirmed: Microsoft to Lay Off 15,000 Employees

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft getting ready to lay off 17% of staff
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The rumor that Microsoft was set to lay off people on
> | January 15th, 2009 is no longer a rumor but a fact. Staff
> | at Microsoft have been informed that the company is
> | readying major layoffs to its worldwide operations and it's
> | not a small cut, either.
> |
> | Currently Microsoft employs about 90,000 people across the
> | world and from what we're hearing, some 15,000 of those are
> | expected to be giving marching orders come January 15th.
> | That's almost 17 percent of Microsoft's total work force,
> | not exactly a small number.
> `----

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11142&Itemid=38

That's all? Why stop there? It should be ALL OF THEM.

> Debt will come more quickly:
>
> Microsoft May Accelerate Buybacks
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Given the recent weakness in Microsoft's stock, we have
> | assumed the company will likely accelerate its pace of
> | buyback from the September quarter of $6.6 billion to
> | roughly $8 billion for the next several quarters, resulting
> | in a net reduction in fully diluted shares outstanding of
> | 300 million per quarter.
> `----

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB123067859048643923.html?mod=googlenews_barrons

They may as well but it... no one else is.

> Related:
>
> Ex-Microsoft boss sentenced
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/371393_msftcourt19.html
>

> Former Microsoft Manager Gets 2 Years In Jail

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_former-microsoft-manager-gets-2-years-in-jail_1427.html

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

   12:22:24 up 15 days, 18:26,  5 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.25, 0.11