[News] [Rival] Epic Fail from Microsoft: Zunes Dead for Days

[I know Richard posted this. The new bits are at the bottom.
Fail(R) after Fail(R).]

Reports: 30GB Zunes Failing Everywhere, All At Once

,----[ Quote ]
| Right, so this is a weird one: we're getting tons of
| reports—tons—about failing Zune 30s. Apparently, the
| players began freezing at about midnight last night,
| becoming totally unresponsive and practically useless.
|
| The crisis has been dubbed by Zune users 'Y2K9', due to the
| apparently synchronized faceplantings across the country.
| According to tipster Michael, the Zune users experienced
| something like this...
`----

http://gizmodo.com/5121311/reports-30gb-zunes-failing-everywhere-all-at-once

Some Zunes Expire Along with 2008

http://www.pcworld.com/article/156222/.html?tk=rss_main

Official Fix for the Zune 30 Fail

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's responded to the Zune 30GB failure, blaming a
| leap-year handling bug. And they've provided a fix. Which
| is to wait til New Years, when the bug will go away by
| itself. Huh.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/5121822/official-fix-for-the-zune-30-fail

Recent:

Microsoft (MSFT): Kill The Zune

http://www.247wallst.com/2008/09/microsoft-msf-1.html

Zune Guy Rant Against Microsoft and Zune no Longer Available

http://www.pmptoday.com/2008/07/26/zune-guy-rant-against-microsoft-and-zune-no-longer-available/

Zune Guy calls Microsoft 'liars,' says Zune situation
is 'f***ing bulls**t'

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/26/zune-guy-calls-microsoft-liars-says-zune-situation-is-f-in/
http://tinyurl.com/5qqfjf

Zune absent from Microsoft exec's speech

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13526_3-9998722-27.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

The beginning of the end for the Microsoft Zune

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure%20/2008/05/25/the -beginning-to-the-end-for-the-microsoft-zune/

Zuneral this Saturday!

http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/%7Efreeculture/blog/2008/05/22/zuneral-this-saturday/

GameStop to Stop Zune Sales

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/hardware/10418052.html

>From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can’t Sell to Consumers

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/05/12/from-vista-to-zune-why-microsoft-cant-sell-to-consumers/

Zune Sales Still In the Toilet

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/05/09/zune-sales-still-in-the-toilet/

Microsoft May Build a Copyright Cop Into Every Zune

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/microsoft-may-build-a-copyright-cop-into-every-zune/index.html?ref=technology

Related:

Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

Dancing Ballmer subjected to Zune dance therapy

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/01/ballmer_dances/

A Legitimate Reason to Hate the Zune (And Microsoft Too)

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/a-legitimate-reason-to-hate-the-zune-and-microsoft-too/