[News] List of Free/Libre Analytics Software, Glimpse at HadoopDB

Top 3 Open Source Web Analytics Software

,----[ Quote ]
| For any websites, blogs and portal owner, it's essential to realize that
| results of their investment and hard work they are making in order to achieve
| the goals they have set should be closely monitored. The key to tracking the
| health of your site is web analytics software. To help things out we had
| already done with the top 10 web log analysis software. Given the line of top
| software, the O'Reilly Radar report shows open source growing exponentially,
| making it to the mainstream. With free availability joining the ease of
| scaling and agile nature, there's a greater inclination towards open source
| software. Moving with the trend, we went for an extensive research to pick
| out the top 3 open source software for web analytics.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/httpblogtaraganacomindexphparchivetop-10-web-log-analysis-software/

HadoopDB reconciles SQL with Map/Reduce

,----[ Quote ]
| Opponents of SQL had their hands strengthened when Google's SQL-free
| technique, "Map/Reduce", showed it could search databases measured in
| petabytes. They look on relational databases as antiquated, a technique that
| can't cope with today's quantities of data or meet the requirements of
| full-text searching. Rather than relations, they rely on key-value pairs.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/HadoopDB-reconciles-SQL-with-Map-Reduce--/news/113822

Related:

IBM Aids Development of Open and Standard Content Analytics Software

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM today announced two major steps intended to assist in the
| open development and standardization of search and content
| analytics software.
|
| The Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information
| Standards (OASIS) has established a Technical Committee to
| standardize the Unstructured Information Management Architecture
| (UIMA) specification
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061115/0185069.html

Open Source Text Analytics