[News] Loads of Ubuntu GNU/Linux News and Reviews

Adventures With Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The other day I was bored. What does one do when bored? Well, generally it’s
| a good idea to install some variant of Linux. Why? Because Linux is supposed
| to be hard to install. You’re supposed to struggle in order to get it running
| smoothly on your machine. It should take hours. It’s supposed to earn you
| some mad geek cred.
`----

http://shriker.ca/2009/adventures-with-ubuntu/

Asus 1008HA with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Alpha2

,----[ Quote ]
| So here’s the Asus Eee 1008HA PC running the regular Desktop version of
| Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 Alpha 2 (I’ve removed several stickers from the area
| below the keyboard. These were telling me about some proprietary OS that I
| didn’t want in the first place)...
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2009/07/21/asus-1008ha-with-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala-alpha2/

Usbuntu Live Creator Makes Bootable Linux USB Drives

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows only: Free application uSbuntu Live Creator installs a Live CD from
| an ISO image onto your USB flash drive—much more useful, portable, and easy
| to deal with than carrying around a CD.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5319596/usbuntu-live-creator-makes-bootable-linux-usb-drives

Make Ubuntu complete with these additional installations!

,----[ Quote ]
| Since Canonical created Ubuntu for the masses, it has encouraged many users
| to try linux and eventually switch over to linux completely.
`----

http://sglnx.com/?p=83

Review: The Official Ubuntu Book, 4th Edition

http://millionchimpanzees.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-official-ubuntu-book-4th-edition.html

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 151

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #151 for the week July 12th -
| July 18th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Ubuntu 8.04.3 released, Kubuntu
| Council, Kubuntu Wiki, Technical Board: Nominations, Karmic Translations are
| now Open, New Ubuntu Members, Ubuntu Zimbabwe, Empathy is now in Karmic,
| AppArmor now available in Karmic: Testing Needed, Ubuntu IRC Council News,
| OpenJDK 6 Certification for Ubuntu 9.04, Ubuntu Podcast Quickie #9,
| Ubuntu-based distro touted for power management, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue151

Ubuntu on Pilot Light: wattOS Beta 3

,----[ Quote ]
| The goal of wattOS is simple and useful: to build a Linux distro that uses
| little energy.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Ubuntu-on-Pilot-Light-wattOS-Beta-3

Glassbuntu: design a dark crystal Gnome theme for Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

,----[ Quote ]
| To allow you to easily design a kick-ass theme for your Gnome, Ubuntu or Mint
| desktop I started this series of posts. in each I will suggest various
| windows decorations, widgets icons and background that follow one unique
| theme and blend well together. I will then suggest a few ways to combine them
| to make an aesthetically pleasing desktop. This weeks them is Glassbuntu:
| design a dark crystal theme.
`----

http://www.tech-no-media.com/2009/07/glassbuntu-design-dark-crystal-gnome.html

Recent:

Linux s'il vous plaît: French Gendarmie say oui to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/23763/1143/