[News] Demo of GNU/Linux with Eye Candy in Virtual Machine (VirtualBox 3.0.0)

VirtualBox 3.0.0 Compiz slideshow

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, I reviewed the newly released VirtualBox 3. The experience was
| simply phenomenal. VirtualBox 3 brings in a host of new features and
| improvements, most notable among them the revamped network stack and 3D
| effects for guest machines.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/virtualbox-3-compiz.html

The wrong reasons to use Linux

,----[ Quote ]
|    1. Compiz. You might read that and feel like you just got hit in the face
|    with a glass of cold water. After all, Compiz is way cool. It’s smooth,
|    clever, innovative, years ahead of the competition and best of all,
|    free-as-in-beer. What’s to dislike?
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/the-wrong-reasons-to-use-linux/

Recent:

[FusionComm] Compiz 0.8.2 fully released !

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first stable release of Compiz 0.8 series. This release is the
| first merged release of both (former) Compiz and Compiz Fusion projects, and
| what is newly released here is what previously was the -fusion part ; the
| core part was released on Sunday, March 1st. This release is the result of
| the 0.7 development series and is mostly a bugfix release. A fully detailed
| changelog is available below.
`----

http://lists.compiz-fusion.org/pipermail/community/2009-March/000185.html

Special dev version 1.9.22-based with Compiz released

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever dreamed of Compiz-like effects in Enlightenment 17 ?
|
| After a good number of previous testing versions, reports, fixes, and
| features added, Elive finally releases the special version with E17 running
| over Compiz (ecomorph).
|
| Do you want more details? Just watch the video and see what it looks like!
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/elive-development-1.9.22-compiz-released

[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.8.0

,----[ Quote ]
| New plugin "commands" that handles the bindings for arbitrary commands that
| previously were handled in core. In addition to the previously present key
| bindings button and edge bindings were added as well.
`----

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2009-February/003299.html

[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati 6.11.0

,----[ Quote ]