[News] A Glimpse at Chromium on GNU/Linux and Chrome Too

Chromium in Linux is advancing nicely

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve installed “chromium-snapshot” from Arch’s AUR yesterday (means user
| contributed, unofficial packages), and I must say it’s come a long way. In
| the very beginning, this was described by the devs as a 500MB binary that
| displayed a window. I’m paraphrasing here, but you get the idea. Then it
| developed into something browserlike, but without tabs, or flash, or
| stability. Now it has all those things, plus it actually follows your GTK
| theme. Flash works, albeit a bit buggy. It’s the only thing that has been
| able to crash a page at this point. The browser itself hasn’t died on me yet.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/chromium-in-linux-is-advancing-nicely/

Promises Plated in Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
| With the recent announcement of Google's Chrome OS, open source zealots
| everywhere have been licking their lips raw and playing their trumpets loud.
| But is another big corporation going to be a good thing for OSS? We take a
| trip down memory lane and look for whether Google can (or wants to) buck the
| old trends.
`----

http://techgage.com/article/promises_plated_in_chrome

Recent:

Instant-on Linux vendors respond to Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Instant-on Linux platform vendors Phoenix and DeviceVM have responded to the
| revelation that Google will soon be releasing its own lightweight Linux
| platform. They view Google's entry into the market as a validation of their
| products and they both have strategies for competing with the search giant.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/07/instant-on-linux-vendors-respond-to-chrome-os.ars

Is Instant-On Chrome OS's Killer App?

,----[ Quote ]