[News] K Desktop Environment and GNOME Join Their Powers

Common Keyring: KDE and GNOME Combine Password Management Efforts

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE and GNOME developers drafted a secret storage API designed to be a common
| interface for desktop applications that need to store passwords and other
| confidential data.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Common-Keyring-KDE-and-GNOME-Combine-Password-Management-Efforts

State of the KDE Union

| So, the state of the KDE union, as it were. Solid. There is direction for
| sure, but work still needs to get done. I, for one, will be using the 4.x
| branch moving forward. I urge you all to not only think about supporting KDE,
| but to try using KDE. I think you will be impressed.
`----

http://blog.paultags.com/2009/07/state-of-the-kde-union/

Recent:

Day 2 at Gran Canaria Desktop Summit

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/07/day-2-gran-canaria-desktop-summit

Qt Labs America and Other Akademy Talks & Sessions

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/10/qt-labs-america-and-other-akademy-talks-sessions

KDE e.V. Elects New Board of Directors

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE e.V.'s Annual General Meeting was held today during the Gran Canaria
| Desktop Summit in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. The KDE e.V. is the
| association that provides representation, support and governance to the KDE
| community. After former board member Klaas Freitag and KDE e.V. president
| Aaron Seigo stepped down and vice president Adriaan de Groot's term ended,
| three open positions had to be filled. Adriaan de Groot was re-elected as
| vice president of KDE e.V. and two new board members have been elected.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/07/kde-ev-elects-new-board-directors

Cooperation During the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit much cross-desktop work has been done. The
| days we have are being used for the Cross Desktop Tracks and during the talks
| there are KDE and Gnome developers mingling everywhere. Cross desktop
| sessions included bug triage, metadata sharing, instant messaging and sharing
| personal data cross-desktop with CouchDB. Read more about the results!
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/09/cooperation-during-gran-canaria-desktop-summit

Akademy Awards 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The Akademy Awards for 2009 have been announced, celebrating the best of KDE
| contributors. As always the winners are chosen by the winners from the
| previous year. Read on for the winners.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/06/akademy-awards-2009

Gran Canaria Desktop Summit: KDE and Gnome Formulate Common Goals

,----[ Quote ]
| On the first day of the joint developer conference on Grand Canary,
| representatives of the desktop projects Gnome and KDE formulated common goals
| for their future development.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Gran-Canaria-Desktop-Summit-KDE-and-Gnome-Formulate-Common-Goals
http://tinyurl.com/lkf9jt

Gran Canaria Desktop Summit: Akonadi for the Integrated Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The Cross-Desktop Metadata track at this year's Gran Canaria Summit
| highlighted developer activity targeting central storage of contact data,
| email and other personal information.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Gran-Canaria-Desktop-Summit-Akonadi-for-the-Integrated-Desktop

Plasma in KDE 4.4