[News] What Would Make Chrome OS (Linux) Excellent

[Wild Conjecture] Chrome OS as I imagine it

,----[ Quote ]
| Myself, I don’t think I’d use it either, I’m too much in love with my KDE
| setup right now. But it was just technically stimulating to try to visualize
| how the PhDs in Google would strategize something like this.
`----

http://envb.sapphirewillow.com/writings/2009/07/wild-conjecture-chrome-os-as-i-imagine-it/

Recent:

The Android OS comes to the PC

,----[ Quote ]
| GOOGLE'S MOBILE PHONE operating system called Android has come to the PC in a
| LiveCD version.
|
| A couple of blokes have recompiled the OS so it's capable of running on a
| common x86 platform. This is just in time to see what Android is really like,
| before Acer, Asus, MSI and others officially release their netbooks with the
| operating system preloaded on them.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1433412/the-android-os-comes-pc

T-Mobile's Android-powered myTouch 3G due in August

,----[ Quote ]
| Designed by HTC, the myTouch 3G will be available for presale to T-Mobile
| customers on July 8 and will sell for $200 for users who sign a two-year
| service contract. The phone, which features a 3.2-inch touchscreen, is being
| released just under a year after T-Mobile launched its first Android-powered
| smartphone, the HTC G1.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2009/06/22/urnidgns852573C400693880002575DD006EF032.DTL

Android OS for the HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Pro!

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s not everyday you see a Windows Mobile smartphone running a Linux-based
| mobile operating system. But, in the crazy (crazy cool, that is) world of
| handset hackery, anything is possible.
`----

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/06/22/android-os-for-the-htc-touch-diamond-and-htc-touch-pro.html

Android to replace Garmin-Asus' current Linux platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2009/06/16/android-to-replace-garmin-asus-current-linux-platform/