[News] Ubuntu Derivatives Coordinates Releases

Mythbuntu and Mint Developers Pan Ubuntu for Strict Time-Release Policy

,----[ Quote ]
| In an article on Techradar which looked at the upcoming Karmic Koala release
| of Ubuntu, Clement Lefebvre, the developer of Linux Mint, a popular Ubuntu
| derivative, and Mario Limonciello, the maintainer of the Ubuntu-sanctioned
| Mythbuntu media center distribution both took aim at what they saw as the
| chief weakness of Ubuntu.
|
| "Of course," compained Lefebvre, "[focusing on consolidation instead of
| cutting-edge features] wouldn't make sense for Ubuntu unless we became an
| upstream component of their distribution. I'm really happy with what Ubuntu
| is doing, and if I were to change anything… it would be the commitment to a
| release schedule and the return of a 'release when ready' policy to guarantee
| a stronger level of quality against regressions."
`----

http://blog.ibeentoubuntu.com/2009/07/mythbuntu-and-mint-developers-pans.html

Recent:

Mythbuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Beta Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Mythbuntu is a community built MythTV-focused distribution of Ubuntu. It aims
| at resolving the difficulties of setting up a standalone MythTV system with
| Ubuntu. MythTv as Mythbuntu becomes a full-fleshed open source DVR (Digital
| Video Recorder) application, with a solid developer community in the
| background. Its development cycle closely follows that of Ubuntu — it is also
| upgraded every six months.
`----

http://www.kabatology.com/03/29/mythbuntu-904-jaunty-jackalope-beta-screenshot-tour/

Mythbuntu 8.04 Brings MythTV Improvements To Fruition

,----[ Quote ]
| The biggest improvements delivered in Mythbuntu 8.04 are the diskless client
| support and upgrading against MythTV 0.21. MythTV 0.21 alone has many
| significant changes and bug fixes, with many of them being ones that will
| appease end-users. Mythbuntu 7.10 was an excellent MythTV distribution and
| Mythbuntu 8.04 is a nice upgrade to that first major release. Mythbuntu 8.04
| beta can be downloaded today while Mythbuntu 8.04 final should arrive on (or
| slightly after) April 24, 2008 from Mythbuntu.org.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mythbuntu_804&num=1

Mythbuntu Linux Media Center

,----[ Quote ]