[News] Desktop GNU/Linux Migration Works Like a Charm

Migrating to Linux, Part 1: Sharing a Room With Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| My experiment with Ubuntu was so successful that I added a netbook
| preinstalled with Ubuntu Remix version designed for small-screen netbooks. I
| discovered that the Linux OS under the guise of the Puppy Linux flavor could
| co-exist on the same computers already running Windows without even changing
| to a dual-boot configuration. (More on this approach later.)
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Migrating-to-Linux-Part-1-Sharing-a-Room-With-Windows-67617.html

Can Linux manage updates and upgrades more easily than Windows?

,----[ Quote ]
| There are four types of repositories in the Ubuntu universe: main,
| restricted, universe and multiverse. Main repositories hold officially
| supported software. Restricted software is for whatever reason (local laws,
| patent issues) not available under a completely free license, and you will
| want to know why before you install it. ("Free" in this case doesn't mean
| free-like-beer but free-like-speech; if a package may not be examined,
| modified, and improved by the community, it's not free.) Ubuntu has sorted
| matters out in this fashion, but once again it's a wide Linux world out
| there, and you're apt to encounter other terminology if you choose other
| flavors of the OS.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Can-Linux-manage-updates-and-upgrades-more-easily-than-Windows/1247737560

Recent:

Nine new Ubuntu users converted today!!

,----[ Quote ]
| Now there will be nine more PCs pretty model to pick when the Windows
| computers are banished by the Mac hipster! Today the New York State Ubuntu
| Local Community Team co-sponsored an install fest with LUGOR (Linux User
| Group of Rochester) and RCSI (Rocehster Computer Society Inc).
`----

http://ftbeowulf.wordpress.com/2009/05/30/nine-new-ubuntu-users-converted-today/

Lies, Damn Lies and Linux Market Share Statistics

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/67031.html?wlc=1242052796&wlc=1242058748