[News] [Rival] Microsoft -- Amid Debt-taking -- Resorts to More Anti-Linux Racketerrinfg

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft -- Amid Debt-taking -- Resorts to More Anti-Linux Racketerrinfg
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 04:58:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Melco Group Signs Linux Software Patent Agreement with Microsoft Corp. for
Buffalo-Branded Products

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. and Melco Holdings Inc., parent company of Buffalo Inc. and
| Buffalo Group (Melco Group), announced that they have entered into an
| agreement that will provide Melco Group's customers with patent coverage for
| their use of technologies running Linux and other related open source
| software. Specifically, the patent covenants apply to Buffalo-branded Network
| Attached Storage (NAS) devices, which run Linux, and Buffalo-branded routers,
| which also run Linux. Although the contents of the agreement have not been
| disclosed, the parties indicate that the only financial consideration in this
| agreement is royalties paid by Melco Group to Microsoft.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/keyDevelopments?symbol=MSFT.O&timestamp=20090715230000&rpc=66

This is extortion. Kroes should be notified.

"All of these deals are being done in secret."

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-07-16-013-35-NW-MS-LL-0000

Recent:

TomTom Settlement Aftermath: Get the FAT Out - Updated

,----[ Quote ]