[News] New GNU/Distributions: Clonezilla, Sidux, Elive and More

Clonezilla Live 1.2.2-25

http://www.clonezilla.org/

sidux 2009-02

,----[ Quote ]
| A little later than originally planned, we now have the pleasure to announce
| the immediate availability of sidux 2009-02 "Αιθήρ", shipping with kernel
| 2.6.30 and KDE 4.2.4 in the following flavours:
`----

http://sidux.com/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=519

sidux 2009-02 Has KDE 4.2.4 and Linux Kernel 2.6.30

,----[ Quote ]
| Stefan Lippers-Hollmann proudly announced earlier today the immediate
| availability of sidux 2009-02 Linux distribution, dubbed "Αιθήρ." The new
| release ships with the powerful Linux kernel 2.6.30 and the breathtaking KDE
| 4.2.4 desktop environment. sidux is a full-featured Live CD based on Debian
| Sid, with a special focus on hard disk installations, a clean upgrade path
| within Sid and supplementary hardware and software support.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/sidux-2009-02-Has-KDE-4-2-4-and-Linux-Kernel-2-6-30-116752.shtml

Elive 1.9.33 development releasd

,----[ Quote ]
| The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version
| 1.9.33
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/elive-development-1.9.33-released

AUSTRUMI 1.9.3

http://cyti.latgola.lv/ruuni/

ExTiX 7.0

http://www.extix.se/

Kongoni Nietzsche released

,----[ Quote ]
| It is my pleasure to announce that Kongoni version 1.12.2 codenamed Nietzsche
| has been officially released. This marks the first official and stable
| release of the Kongoni GNU/Linux distribution after several development
| releases. Kongoni is a fully free African GNU/Linux distribution based on
| Slackware with significant inspiration from the BSD-Unix architectures. The
| operating system is primarily designed for desktop power users and aims to
| provide a powerful, customizable system that puts the user in control of his
| own environment while nonetheless being easy to work with and not get in your
| way.
`----

http://www.kongoni.co.za/news/kongoni-nietzsche-release-announcement

ULTILEX 4.0.0 is released

,----[ Quote ]
| ULTILEX stands for "Ultimate Linux Experience". This is a live Linux CD
| compilation which in turn contains several live Linux distributions. You can
| boot ULTILEX from CD/DVD and USB flash devices.
|
| When you boot ULTILEX, the first thing you'll see is a beautiful startup
| screen with menu from which you can choose the exact live Linux distribution
| to run. The current version of ULTILEX is 4.0.0 and it contains the following
| live Linux distributions...
`----

http://ultilex.linux-bg.org/

Recent:

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html