[News] EMI and Video Professor Shoot Themselves in the Foot

EMI To Mom & Pops: Eat Cake Bitch

,----[ Quote ]
| So let me get this straight. EMI intends to save money by not selling their
| CD’s to independent retailers. Instead they want these retailers to go to one
| stops for their product.
`----

http://www.waynerosso.com/2009/06/30/emi-to-mom-pops-eat-cake/

The Death Of InfomercialScams.com

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Alan Levy from Public Citizen has a detailed (and somewhat tragic) story
| of why the site InfomercialScams is no longer in existence, and the domains
| of the site are now owned by Video Professor, a company notorious for
| threatening online critics, such as those commenting on sites like
| InfomercialScams.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090713/0227035527.shtml

Related:

Aussie System Admin Guild says NO to net filtering

,----[ Quote ]
| The System Administrators Guild of Australia (SAGE-AU) has sent an open
| letter to Australia’s Minister for Communications, stating that it is “unable
| to support the Federal Government’s proposed Internet filtering initiative”,
| explaining the reasons why and outlining its “significant concerns”.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22408/1055/

Labour flames whistleblowers in email smear brouhaha

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/14/labour_email_smear/