[News] Business of Free Software is Rising

Open Source (ERP) Enterprise Resource Planning on the move?

,----[ Quote ]
| I just looked at the 30 June 2009 statistics of SourceForge.
|
| 1. PostBooks ERP, accounting, CRM by xTuple
| 2. Openbravo ERP
`----

http://www.eosdirectory.com/blogs/2009/07/02/open-source-erp-enterprise-resource-planning-on-the-move/

Digium Asterisk: Rising In the Fall

,----[ Quote ]
| On the channel front, Digium has signed up distributors across the globe.
| Prime examples in North America include ABT Technology, Interlink
| Communication Systems, NextUSA, Westcon Group and Williams Telecommunications
| Group. Eager resellers include The Fulcrum Group, a North Texas provider of
| voice and data solutions.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/07/10/digium-asterisk-rising-in-the-fall/

Recent:

Tightening purse strings will turn many businesses on to Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| In January, Adobe announced 600 redundancies, citing weaker-than-expected
| demand for its Creative Suite 4. While it may be that the credit crunch has
| stopped existing users upgrading or new users from buying, I think we may be
| seeing the software bubble about to burst.
|
| The software bubble occurs when software suppliers that continually introduce
| new versions find customers choose not to upgrade. Most suppliers are in a
| similar situation. Microsoft has found that many Windows users are happy to
| stick with earlier versions of Windows such as XP instead of moving to Vista.
`----

http://www.printweek.com/premedia/news/887485/Tightening-purse-strings-will-turn-businesses-Open-Source-Software/

Small firms can benefit from open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Ahead of the first-ever Open Source Software (OSS) BarCamp event, which will
| take place on 28 March in Dublin, chief-organiser Laura Czajkowski has said
| that small-to-medium businesses have much to gain from open source, even if
| it is just to realise that there are alternatives out there.
|
| “Most businesses won’t even have heard of open-source software in a context
| they think applies to them, and think that Microsoft is really all there is.
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/12436/business/small-firms-can-benefit-from-open-source

Red Hat profit rises, bucks tech industry trend

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINN2421958220090624?rpc=44