Re: [News] [Rival] More Signs That Vista 7 Will be Another Vista

> Microsoft blames "I"? Oh, so they blame their own incompetence too.

On page 2 of the results they also blame "EU" (they already blame "DOJ")
... presumably for having the audacity to uphold the law.

Mostly they like to blame "users" and "technicians", for being Luddites
who whine about BSODs, presumably (ref: FOCUS Magazine Interview with
Gates).

They blame Sun, for not allowing Microsoft to embrace, extend and
extinguish them, and thus the "need" to produce the (originally)
anti-interoperable .NET/C#. After de Icaza forced their hand, and rather
spoiled the whole lock-in deal, the Vole found an altogether better use
for it ... as Free Software "IP" toxin.

They also blame "spammers", "hackers" and "malware", for exposing the
gaping holes in Windows' security.

They blame the "Internet", for forcing them to join the rest if us in
the (then) 20th century, producing their arch rivals Google, and
facilitating this pesky thing called blogging, which allows "users" and
"technicians" to whine publicly about BSOD's to vast audiences, thus
costing Microsoft a small fortune in bribe and astroturfer money, to
shut them up.

They blame "Vista", "Zune" and "Xbox", for brutally humiliating them, by
reaffirming how spectacularly incompetent they are at absolutely
everything (except racketeering).

They blame the "clock", for forcing Microsoft to try - and miserably
fail - to understand leap years and NTP.

They even blame a "baby", for catching fire and burning to ashes, along
with the family home, thus leaving that family homeless, childless, and
utterly devastated, because it was too stupid to read the Goddamn recall
notice.

They blame "netbooks", for forcing them to extend the life of their
prehistoric operating system, XP, for ... well, let's face it - forever.

They blame the colour "red" too. Red is bad, generally. It's not to be
trusted. Especially when it's under one's bed, or producing a Ring of
Death. Red is also the colour of Sweaty the Impaler's bulging eyeballs,
and ex-employees' blood, as he deploys large pieces of furniture in
their general direction, and swears a bloody oath of violent revenge
against said ex-employees' new employer.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 03:36:43 up 45 days,  7:34,  5 users,  load average: 7.00, 6.70, 6.55