[News] Ubuntu Linux Founder Positive on October Release

Koala will be 'a definitive shift' for Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| You may, by now, have heard of a little distribution called Ubuntu, unless
| you happen to have been in space for the past five years.
|
| For now all you need to know is that Ubuntu is a popular offshoot of Debian,
| and the man behind it, Mark Shuttleworth, is considered to be a veritable
| Linux titan.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/koala-will-be-a-definitive-shift-for-ubuntu-linux-613835

Finally — a Wireless Keyboard You Can Love

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been using the WKB-4100UB with our latest home-built client (perhaps
| eventually to be a Windows 7 client, or maybe a Ubuntu server, or something
| else entirely), known as Bissell because it's an Atom-based Intel D945GCLF2D
| mini-ITX motherboard built into (really) an old Bissell Carpet Machine
| Special carpet-cleaner. I mean, the thing would have wound up in a landfill,
| so why not? I'm pretty sure it won't pass FCC, but it was a fun diversion to
| assemble, save for drilling holes to mount the motherboard, power supply, and
| especially cutting openings for the VGA and power connectors. The keyboard
| USB dongle is completely inside the case. Installing Ubuntu 9.04 start to
| finish took less than 30 minutes - I used the UNetbootin tool to copy the
| Ubuntu ISO image to a thumb drive, booted from that (and, by the way, this a
| now completely portable bootable Ubuntu environment; no installation
| necessary), then clicked "install" to write everything to another memory
| stick installed in the Bissell. I plugged in my Linksys WUSB600N USB .11n
| adapter, and voila, no kidding, it just worked. I was on the net less than 30
| minutes from initial power-on.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/168088/finally_a_wireless_keyboard_you_can_love.html

Recent:

Proposed Backgrounds for Ubuntu Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier I wrote about Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala planning to offer a greater
| and more diverse set of wallpapers. Now that a little more time has passed,
| here are some of the most promising wallpapers for Ubuntu 9.10...
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2009/06/26/proposed-backgrounds-for-ubuntu-karmic-koala/

Will Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Stand Up Against Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| On paper Ubuntu Karmic koala 9.10 is the more efficient than Windows 7, but
| most will tend to use Windows 7 due to its glam quotient and marketing
| strategy.
`----

http://how2ubun2.blogspot.com/2009/06/will-ubuntu-910-karmic-koala-stand-up.html

Ubuntu Karmic - 9.10 to drop the 'i386-server' Kernel.

,----[ Quote ]
| As I have been very interested in the newly released 2.6.30 Linux Kernel, I
| was browsing around the ubuntu kernel wiki and I've found and interesting
| tidbit...
`----

http://moderngeek.com/Ubuntu_Karmic_drops_i386-server

Fun Wallpapers: The Linux Desktop Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Yeah, it's a little ironic that we'd put together a collection of Linux
| wallpapers since we cover mostly Microsoft topics—but we're also fans of
| open-source goodness and use Linux all the time.
`----

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/customization/fun-wallpapers-the-linux-desktop-edition/

Related:

Funny And Fun Wallpapers: Linux And Unix Humor On A Monday

,----[ Quote ]
| NOTE: Some of the pictures have been trimmed by my column width. Not so much
| so that I want to fuss over them all. They're all available at the site
| linked to above :)
`----

http://linuxshellaccount.blogspot.com/2009/03/funny-and-fun-wallpapers-linux-and-unix.html

125+ Linux wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| 101 of the best Linux wallpapers I could find in the wild…
`----

http://elkosmas.gr/2008/09/25/125-linux-wallpapers/

15 Coolest GNU Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of high-quality Linux wallpapers that you can get on the
| web, but not that much for the good-old GNU (GNU's Not Unix). So, I decided
| to take some time to find and collect a few of my favorite GNU wallpapers in
| existence.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/07/15-coolest-gnu-wallpapers.html

20 Coolest Linux Distro-themed Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| Since my list of 25 Coolest Linux Wallpapers unexpectedly became a huge hit,
| I’m going to share to you some more to keep the Linux pride alive. This time,
| I have collected some of the coolest, high quality distro-themed wallpapers.
| I know that you are excited already, so let’s cut to the chase and just
| present to you the "20 Coolest Linux Distro-themed Wallpapers" in no
| particular order.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/20-coolest-linux-distro-themed.html

15 Beautiful Ubuntu Wallpapers for a Sleeker Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/10/15-beautiful-ubuntu-wallpapers-for.html