[News] KOffice 2.0 Reviewed, More GNU/Linux Applications Appear

KOffice 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| More than a year after KDE 4.0 unveiled a radically revised desktop, KOffice
| 2.0 is preparing to release an equally revised office suite, which should be
| released before this article is published (KOffice 2.0-RC-1 was released in
| April 2009).
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10518

Lightweight But Powerful Image Editing Application: mtPaint [Windows & Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP, despite it's interface, is the best open-source image editor. But often
| all you want to do is simply resize a picture or a similar minor task and for
| that you could use an application such as mtPaint which has a lot of great
| features such as:
|
|     * Quickly transform image gamma, brightness, contrast, saturation, hue,
|     posterize from a single dialog, and preview the results in real time.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/06/lightweight-but-powerful-image-editing.html

VLC 1.0 for Linux Released, Now with New HD Codecs

,----[ Quote ]
| Dubbed Goldeneye, VLC 1.0.0 brings some of the highly anticipated features,
| lots of bug fixes and many improvements. Among the new features we can notice
| support for some HD streams. Without further introduction, here are the
| highlights of VLC 1.0.0...
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/VLC-1-0-for-Linux-Released-Now-with-New-HD-Codecs-116053.shtml

Code Project: Use weather for wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| Not all information on the web is static, connected in a meaningful way, or
| even as cool as it should be. Which is why one of the post-web 2.0 movements
| of note is the mashup - the repurposing of data from the web into new and
| exciting forms. Welcome to the world of data punk.
`----

http://tuxradar.com/content/code-project-use-weather-wallpapers

Recent:

Reviewed: KOffice 2.0