[News] Mozilla Firefox Keeps Growing and Entering Phones Too

Can Mozilla Catch Up on Mobile? Beta Fennec Builds Say Yes

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is at it again. Not content to slug it out on the desktop, the Moz
| folks are taking a run at the mobile market with Fennec. The betas released
| last week suggest that they’re on the right track.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7405

As Mozilla 'upgrades the Web,' Microsoft must upgrade its pace

,----[ Quote ]
| As I type this, Firefox 3.5 is blazing past 5.6 million downloads, having
| been released just a day and a half ago. While such uptake for Mozilla's
| upgraded browser is impressive, the bigger story is how Firefox 3.5 is
| upgrading the Web with its extensive support for HTML 5. Microsoft's Internet
| Explorer (IE) 8 has brought the company's browser back into the 21st century,
| but its sluggish (and perhaps perverse) response to emerging Web standards
| threatens to leave it in Web 1.0 Blunderland.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10277364-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Mozilla calls on coders to build Web-tool index

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Labs has set up the Open Web Tools Directory, a bid to build a
| comprehensive list of the open-source developer tools available.
|
| On Monday, the open source browser project issued a call to the programmer
| community to help with the construction of the new central database.
|
| "As we've explored different tools we could create here as part of the
| Developer Tools Lab, we've come to the opinion that in addition to creating
| new tools, one of the best things we could do is help developers understand
| the broad universe of tools that already exist and expose some of the
| fantastic and amazing work that's being done," wrote Ben Galbraith, a member
| of Mozilla Labs Developer Tools team, in a blog post.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62055874,00.htm?scid=rss_z_nw

How competition in the browser market helped all of us

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday, the Mozilla Foundation released Firefox 3.5 with many new features
| (mostly under the hood) and speed boosts. People have noticed this new
| competition and are no longer happy with an old and broken browser like MSIE
| 6.0, which used to be the default for many. When we look at our website stats
| at work, about 35% of our users use Firefox, another 35% use Safari and only
| 25% use Internet Explorer (either 6, 7 or 8). This is excellent news because
| it is living proof of competition.
`----

http://blogs.fsfe.org/rca/?p=15

Recent:

Short Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 new feature list

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a new feature to the source "Syntax Highlighting" when you "View
| Page Source", it now let's you navigate through any file in the source by
| clicking on them like links. A good feature here would be to add the support
| to have tabs in the source window.
`----

http://www.inatux.com/articles3.php

Mozilla solicits user feedback with Test Pilot

,----[ Quote ]
| More critically, much of the best input to any product, open- or
| closed-source, would come from average users who provide usability and other
| input, but this is precisely the sort of person that has no idea how to write
| software, despite being the likely day-to-day customers of software.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10146821-16.html?tag=mncol;title

Fennec, Mozilla's Mobile Browser, Marches On

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/fennec-mozillas-mobile-browser-marches-on