Re: [News] Dell and Acer Both Use GNU/Linux in Their Desktop Strategy

JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2009-06-30, Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> ____/ JEDIDIAH on Tuesday 30 June 2009 19:08 : \____

>>> Dell says 1 in 3 sales is of Linux.
>>>
>> On-line of course - not in stores where Joe Public can actually LOOk at
>> them and ask questions.
>
>     Dell is big. The fact that they have always been primarily a mail
> order outfit hasn't hindered this.

Yes I realise that - but wouldn't it serve the interests of Linux better
to have a presence in the large retail outlets where Joe Public (quite
often) buy most of their computers? At least they could poke and prod
and ask questions about different operating systems..

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Say No to OOXML http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9594#mpart8