Re: [News] Microsoft Poison Pushed by Novell into GNU/Linux

7 wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> GNOME 3.0 may have more Mono apps
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The next major version of the GNOME desktop environment, version 3.0,
>> | may contain more than the one Mono-dependent application than it
>> | currently does, according to GNOME Foundation member Dave Neary.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Red Hat's community Linux distribution, Fedora, recently decided to
>> | throw out Mono altogether from its default install, and replaced Tomboy
>> | with Gnote, a recently created port of Tomboy.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/25967/1231/
>

> I'm not taking any more risks with Gnome - I might have to give up Gnome and
> concentrate on KDE or other desktops soon.

Same here ;-)

Roy posted a link to this interesting screencast today:

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/06/kde-43-plasma-overview-screencast.html

Absolutely worth watching.

Also I will not update Ubuntu Jaunty to Karmic but will wait for Fedora
12 (Constantine).

Long term users where avoiding openSUSE because of the MS-deal. Since
that worked for openSUSE, Mono- and MS shills are infiltrating Ubuntu
forums and Mono is being pushed inside Ubuntu.

I might not be a great visionary like Bill Gates, but I predict that
GNU/Linux users who value their Freedom, will move in droves to "Mono
hostile" distributions.

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin